As a family, we would fill in the turkey feathers with something we would like to do for each family member to serve them. We would have a lesson on gratitude and that we show we are thankful for each other by do nice things for one another. Then throughout the month, when we finished that nice thing, we could color it in.
Here is the image we used, you are welcome to save it and use it, even add some feathers if you have a bigger family :)
We always added "We are Thankful for our Family" at the bottom and signed our names. It's fun looking at the Turkeys created in the past when the kids were really young. When Katie was a baby, she "agreed" to give Mom a full night's sleep, big brother Tommy would wake me up for morning cartoons, and Daddy would play on the swing set with me.
We always talk about how the first year we did this Tommy said he would get a Camaro for Daddy. He still hasn't colored that one in yet :)

This is definitely a tradition I would like to continue in our family, starting with this year!


2 comments:
I used to try and make my name look prettier by circling my i's too!
What a great tradition I love it!
My mom used to put a big sheet of paper up and draw a big tree, throughout the month we would add construction paper "leaves" with what we are thankful for written on them and on Thanksgiving through Christmas it would sit there all big and beautiful and full of thankful leaves :-)
I just love families holiday traditions
I DID get Dad a Camaro... a Hot Wheels version from Toys R Us!!!
Post a Comment