Friday, November 5, 2010

Successful surgery

This is mostly for journaling purposes and a little bit for birth control too since this recovery is reminding me a bit of my c-section pain :)
This is right after I woke up when it's still hard to open your eyes and if you look close you can see the ring I drew on my hand since I couldn't have my real one on :)

I am alive and well just a bit achy and sore. Yesterday was a long day. Jeff and I got to the hospital at about 10:30 for my 12:30 scheduled surgery time. Right after They got me hooked up around 11 they informed me that my surgery was really 2:30 so I got to sit there and watch daytime tv for another 3 and a half hours, which I hate unless it's tlc :) but somehow with the help of my comical husband and his droid x time flew by pretty quickly and soon enough I was being wheeled back on a gourney.
Everything went well during surgery, they repaired the hernia, placed some mesh and soon enough I woke up. I loved my discharge nurse who brought in my husband and hurried me out the door. I remember the first time I stood up to walk to the bathroom a rush of emotion came and I felt like I needed to cry. Not for any reason at all, just to cry. I didn't though, and she told me it was all from the anesthesia. I also have had this strange shoulder pain that she said only some people get that and its kinda a phenominon. Its actually trapped gas and i definitely remember having that with jackson, although back then i thought it was from hard labor before the c-section. She told me she could tell that I'm very sensitive to the anesthesia for two reasons. That I'm a light weight and also that I don't abuse drugs. Yes and yes :)
I slept pretty well the first night, although I hate being able to only sleep on my bavk. I'm a stomach and side girl so I wasn't seer comfortable. But when I woke up in the middle of the night for more pain killers, I was happy to not have to feed a baby ;) how did I do that every 2 hours every night. I guess just cuz we have to. Once again I'm being reminded of my last surgery and how much easier this has already been. No baby to care for and no blood transfusion to completely wipe me out!
The boys are doing so well! It helps that my Mom is so wonderful and I smile every time I hear them call for gamma instead of mommy! They have been so soft around me and so good with all the others who have played with them today. Jackson keeps lifting up my shirt and saying booboo and kissing it better for me.
I am so thankful to my family and my husband for taking care of me and letting me watch Friday Night Lights all day. I definitely feel like saying y'all and tackling somebody... Not really ;)
Oh and p.s. Sorry about the typos I'll fix them later. I'm on the iPad!!

6 comments:

Melonie said...

Oh sweetie, we are thinking of you and hope your recovery is fast. I laughed at all your "glad it's not a baby" jokes cause I can totally relate to that. I'll be glad as I'm getting up with Caleb tonight every two hours that I don't have a wound in my side and that I can sleep on my stomach! :D love ya!

Meka said...

Oh wow, c-sections would be so hard! I am glad you can just rest now without having to wake up every two hours too! I get the same issues from surgery! I remember the pain in my upper back and chest from my laporoscopy, I think that was more miserable then the actual cuts they made! Fun stuff, I hope you get better soon and that there is some kind of crafty thing you can do while you rest!

Jewels said...

So glad you're home and recovering. Wish I was closer. I'd come keep you company. :) PS, we got the banner and it's adorable. You're too talented!

Paxton said...

how annoying that you still look so pretty right after surgery ;-)
glad everything went well! and that your kids are being so helpful!
p.s. how do you blog on the ipad? mine won't let me so i have to email it in :-P annoying!

Jerai Moulton said...

I'm so glad that things went well! Gotta love our moms and grandma's!!

Bec said...

Oh kirsti!! I am so glad it went well, but am so sorry you had to go through that : ( I love you tons! I hope you are doing really good by now. And also, you helped me not be baby hungry at all-so THANKYOU! hehe

can't wait too see you guys again!