Saturday, October 3, 2009

My surprise!!

My friend told me about how she put a little note in her husband's lunch that said, "If you bring me home a surprise, I'll give you one!"
I thought that sounded fun!!
So I tried it... this is what I got:
DSC_0754
I have been wanting a cute kitchen plant for a long time (though I don't remember telling Jeff that!) and it looks perfect next to the cute recipe book my sis made for me awhile ago.
**Now, I just have to figure out what surprise to give him!**

p.s. many thanks to Jeni for helping me figure out how to make my photos bigger. See how it comes all the way across as far as the text?! Let me know if you want to learn how and I'll share the secret! UPDATE: My sister Melonie who is a web designer explains it in my comments. Thanks to all the smart people around here!

9 comments:

Weston and William's Blog said...

Fun idea! And do share!! I want to know the secret!!

Melonie said...

You don't have to do it in another program now... like Flickr. You can just change the code. click on the html when making your post. Then look for the size in the coding. It will be the crazy parts in between your text. Look for "width: ###px; height: ###px;"
I replace one of the numbers with the dimensions I want... such as 550px or so... then erase the other part (ex--height:###px;) (then it will automatically adjust that number to fit). The other part of your code you may have to change is to make it a nice clear picture, instead of all pixilated. There is a link to your picture. It starts with img src="http: and goes on from there. look close to the end where it says /s800/ and your picture number.jpg. the s might have a different number next to it depending on what you select when you upload the image (sm. md. large). I change mine to s800 or s1600 to make them really clear. LoVE ya!

Jeni said...

I'm glad it worked! What a fun present. I would probably fall over dead from the shock if Josh brought me home something like that!

P.S. I saw your comment on my crafty blog about the SM Daily Download. The forum there can be really confusing! It's in the Community Section under Daily Download, but here's the link:
http://scrapmatters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

You can still get Friday's link but Thursday's has been deleted already. Be sure to grab Friday's quick because it will be deleted before she posts tomorrows. Enjoy!

Kirsti said...

hahaha! I almost did die from shock! I screamed really high pitch and jumped up and down and I think I scared my kids, but it was really exciting!
Mel: thanks so much for the comment/tutorial- that was perfect. I did use flickr, but that sounds better. AND it will change photo size for ALL the past posts too, not just from now on.

Kirsti said...

oh, I just looked and read a little more careful, maybe it won't change for every post-- is there a way to do that in layout html, or just while posting?

Jerai Moulton said...

What a fun idea! I'll have to try it some time! And good job Jeff for coming up with the cute plant!

Unknown said...

Hey i was wondering how you do you make your grab buttons. I was trying to make one last night and it wasn't working all to well. what code do you use?

Unknown said...

a grab button is what you had us copy and add to our blogs for the fall swap. I can create the button but I was trying to create a code that others could post on their blogs. Can you ask melonie how she does it?

Two Drty Lil' Hands said...

oh i am so trying that! how fun!!