Friday, August 14, 2009

My OVERproductive Day

Last night, I lay in bed so proud of myself and the day I had.
We woke up at 8ish and got ready to take Tyler to camp at 9. From 10-12 as Jackson slept, I sewd away. From 12-12:30 I decided I better pay attention to my very messy kitchen. I cleaned that and then Tyler got home from messy-fun-camp (he's been going all week!). He took a bath to wash off the tatoos Jeff gave him during mutual. (I wish I took pictures, they were hillarious. Envolving all of his favorite things from a fire truck to a snake and of course mommy's face. I was impressed, and glad that I was smiling in the picture. Ok, good.)
Soooooo, getting back on subject, Tyler bathed and I got the sudden urge to clean the toilets. This does not happen very often, so I took the opportunity and started scrubbing away. Tyler started casually chanting the word "poopoo" which was the exact word I was thinking about as I scrubbed that toilet. So I didn't think anything of it. Until he said the dreaded "uh oh". And then I was awakened from my cleaning coma and said, "Oh, no" and saw two lovely pieces of poop floating in the bathtub. YES, too much information, I'm sorry. I tell you this because suddenly my urge to clean the toilets increased about 100 degrees and suddenly I had to clean every single surface of the house. I did the tubs next then the countertops and tile.....That took place from 12:30 to about 2 o'clock.
From 2-4 I put the boys down for a much needed nap and I slept for about 40 mins. When we woke up, we met the Lofgrens and Taylors at the pool! We swam until Tyler remembered that there is a park outside the gate and moved the party there. Then we walked home, made dinner, and went to bed.
It was a great day, I got so much accomplished and wasn't lazy at all. I planned to have the same type of productive day until...
...I woke up this morning and my back was broken. Ok, not technically broken, but it hurts to move or bend or sit or walk. That's what happens when I pack hours of cleaning AND sewing in the same day.
Oh well. Today I will have the opposite. An UNDERproductive day. With lots of cookiedough eating and blog browsing and thinking about getting stuff done. I have a movie rented for Jeff and I to watch tonight and I'm excited!

2 comments:

Melonie said...

Sounds like a good balance. Way to go on your productive day! Keep setting goals... just keep them within reach. :D Love ya!

Paxton said...

i always think an overproductive day should be followed by a relaxing day, sorry you got hurt though! congrats on all you got done :-)