Tyler had a great time searching for eggs in the backyard. I knew he'd do great because when we go play outside he always brings me rocks that he finds on the grass. So today he caught on very quickly when he found lots of "colorful rocks" lining the fence and spread across the lawn. We showed him the basket and it was like a game for him to throw the eggs in the basket and drag the basket around the yard. Every once in awhile he'd stop to laugh or pull all the eggs out of the basket and put them back in again. It was pretty fun to watch. Then we showed him that there were treats inside (goldfish crackers, yogos, teddy grahams, marshmallows...) and he'd smile even bigger. What a fun day. It's been so fun to create our own family traditions and for Tyler to be old enough to actually enjoy them.
After the hunt, Jeff and I wanted to get some good pictures of him next to his basket. He was a little distracted by the crackers and candy at his fingertips and he just kept snacking. All of a sudden, he just fell over! Just totally tipped over backward- it was hilarious...Too much fun!
Today I feel especially thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I feel so blessed to know the truths of the gospel and understand what Easter is all about. I am so thankful for Christ and the atoning sacrifice He made so that we have the gift of repentance. His resurrection is another miracle that brings us the blessings of eternal life. I love knowing that I can be with my family throughout eternity and that my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us enough to give us these amazing blessings. I know that they want us to not only enjoy these blessings now but for us to be with them forever.
1 comment:
So cute! It looks like Tyler had a great time, and that he was really into it! Happy Easter!!
Post a Comment