I started the day early to Jackson climbing into bed with us. It has been quite the habit for him. If he ever wakes up in the night, the only way to convince him it's still sleep time is for him to crawl in bed with us. The next thing i remember Tyler is up and its time to start our busy day. Tyler picked out his new clothes, Jeff took Jackson to my moms on his way to work and Tyler and I were off to his first day of preschool. Today was the open house where he saw his classroom and met his teacher and new friends. It was great- I'm so excited about his teacher and the room looks like a prime place for learning!
Of course Tyler was all about the toys so he hung out with the dinos.
Next we did some errands, including a couple trips to the new store I'm selling my creations at-- Terri is doing all the sewing and I help get materials, cut pieces, deliver items and make the bows and hair pins, earrings, etc... Cutest little store and I'm really hoping it'll be lucrative for us!
In the afternoon we swam with friends at my moms and had a great time. Then we went to yoga. Usually I meet my friend Alissa but she and Olivia didn't make it. The boys were bummed, but still wanted to play in the kids klub. I usually love yoga, but I wasn't feeling it at all today. I had such a busy day that i thought I'd enjoy the quiet time, but I kept almost falling asleep and wishing I was in bed -even if Jackson was crowding in on my sleeping space :)
Then we headed over to a street festival in La Verne. We met Alissa and Terri, so the boys got their Olivia time- bouncing in the bounce house and pushing the stroller together. We found the balloon guy and of course had to get balloon animals. Tyler picked a tiger- what a surprise :) and Jackson wanted the huge fish floating in the air. They picked their colors and watched in awe as the balloon guy made the animals. Then we kept walking through the fair. A couple minutes later, I see Jackson's hand in the air and up went his fish. I tried to grab it but instead watched it float away. The look on Jackson's face was the saddest face I had ever seen!!! Bottom lip out all the way and he could hardly breath. I leaned in to hug him and tell him it was ok and realized I have tears running down my cheeks! So we hugged and cried together for a minute in the middle of a crowd, and I'm freaking out because of course I have no cash and can't buy my baby a new fish :( Alissa bought it for us in the first place because I forgot my money. Terri came to the rescue and got him another one and got a huge hug in return.
I know it sounds crazy that I really cried over that, but the thought of my child in pain or sad is absolutely heartbreaking!! And I had no control, the tears just started coming. It was a great day of hard work and successes- Jackson went the whole day with no accidents for the first time ever- yesterday he had 3+ and I almost didn't put him in underwear (except we are out of pull ups!!) So it must've been fate.
Such a great day after an exhausting week of potty training and starting up our business-My body and brain are just plain exhausted. I'm so thankful for my life and my family and my husband and my kids and my friends. I have so many blessings around me and totally recognize them!
No comments:
Post a Comment